January 2017 – BARBADOS KITEBOARDING, WINDSURFING, & SURFING VACATION:
Date: Sat Jan 21 thru Sat Jan 28, 2017
(check in Sat 1/21/17, depart Sat 1/28/17)
Join us for a active Caribbean vacation to get on the water all day every day! We will host your trip to the gorgeous island of Barbados. Barbados is home to incredibly beautiful pink sand beaches, friendly islanders, delicious food, and epic conditions for kiteboarding, windsurfing, SUP, surfing, snorkeling/scuba, kayaking, waterskiing, catamaran sailing, and Polo! Barbados is a water enthusiasts paradise, with friendly people, turquoise warm water, and endless options for fun in the sun.
Our Barbados kitesurfing/windsurfing/sup surfing/surf itinerary is extremely flexible and we have set it up as a la cart. You can choose on your own activities, and you choose when to schedule them. We will help you find the cool local spots for each activity. We include a kitesurfing freestyle/jump/wave clinic (for independent intermediate kiters – bring you own gear). There are endless opportunities for exploration of the famous pink sand beaches and beautiful turquoise Caribbean waters.
Kitesurf/Windsurf/ SUP/SURF Vacation To Barbados
A surfing (kite/wind/SUP) vacation to the island of Barbados is a great location for intermediate to advanced kite /winds/ SUP surfers who would like an introduction to or just to ride a great wave break. The East coast area of Silver Sands beach is the best kitesurfing/windsurfing zone on Barbados. Silver Sands has gorgeous pink sand beaches, warm tropical water, and waves.
If the wind is right, and you like to windsurf, kiteboard, or sup surf, our activities and time will be focused at Silver Sands beach.
|We stay right on Silver Sands beach, the best kitesurfing & windsurfing spot on Barbados.
| On a good day, you can ride all day long. This is a great spot to learn how to ride waves, as the reef break is easy to ride thru and perfect for trying out smaller waves.
Wind & Weather in Barbados
Wind averages 15 knts (17mph) for January. 85% chance of wind on January days. Water temps are in the low 80s. The Silver Sands beach has a great reef wave break. It’s a great place to learn and improve on the waves for windsurfing & kitesurfing.
Barbados is the eastern-most Caribbean island. It is located at 13.1N, 59.4W. The island, which is less that one million years old, was created by the collision of the Atlantic crustal and Caribbean plates, along with a volcanic eruption. Later coral formed, accumulating to approximately 300 feet. It is geologically unique, being actually two land masses that merged together over the years.
Barbados was inhabited by Arawaks and Caribs at the time of European colonization of the Americas in the 16th century. The island was an English and later British colony from 1625 until 1966. Since 1966, it has been a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy, modelled on the Westminster system, with Elizabeth II, Queen of Barbados, as head of state.
Dates / Pricing / Clinic Options
Check in Sat January 21, 2017, depart Sat January 28, 2017
$1400 per person includes per person accommodation in 2 bedroom hotel apartments, breakfast every day, kitesurfing jumping/wave instructional clinic (6 hours total over 3 days), and trip concierge services.
- 8 days / 7 nights accommodation.
Accommodations are 2 bedroom apartments (dbl occupancy either queen bed or twin beds) at a beach front hotel with pool. You can choose a private 1 bedroom apartment (queen bed dbl occ) for $200 more per person, or 1 bedroom studio (queen bed single occ) for $600 more.
- 2 Bedroom Apartment, Queen bed (dbl occ) or Twin beds (dbl occ), 900sq ft. Included in trip price
- 1 Bedroom Apartment, Queen bed (dbl occ) 690sq ft, Additional $200 per person
- 1 Studio Apartment, Queen bed (single occ), 450sq ft, Additional $600
|2 Bedroom Apartment
|Hotel Pool, Beach
- Our hotel property is 5 minutes walk to the windsurfing/kitesurfing/sup surfing beach. The Silver Sands beach has a windsurf/kitesurf/sup board rental center.
- Breakfast is included every day.
- Kitesurf freeride/jumping/wave Clinic
3 day format includes 3 separate 2 hour sessions of land clinic and riding/coaching sessions. Clinic includes transport for 2 group down winders. Topics will include improving your overall riding, learning to, or improving your jumping, and an intro to wave riding. Bring all of your own kite gear, and clinic attendees must be solidly riding upwind and fully independent to join. Non-kite participants will receive a credit towards alternate activities.
- Concierge Services: We can help advise you on best flight options for getting there, advise you on best options for alternate activities, and we provide transport to nearby town for 1 group dinner outing.
What’s Not Included
- Airfare: Easiest / cheapest way to get to Barbados is on Jetblue. The round trip fare with advance purchase ranges from approx $550 – $925 from SFO on either JetBlue or American Airlines. All fare estimates are approximate and are based on advance purchase for lowest fares available from SFO.
- Airport transfers. The hotel is a 15 minute taxi ride from BGI airport.
- Trip Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing your own trip insurance.
- Lunch & Dinner Dining Options: Breakfast is included every day, and you are free to select your own dining options for lunch and dinner.
- Surfing Lessons & Surf Board Rental: We have pre-arranged for a 3 lesson (2 hours each) beginner surf lesson package at a nearby surfing beach. Optional $200 add-on fee includes 3 lessons, transport to and from surf beach, and week long surf board rental (transport only provided on days of surf lessons. If you wish to surf every day, we recommend renting a car.)
- Kitesurfing / Windsurfing / Surfing Gear Rentals . If you are an independent kiteboarder riding upwind, please bring your own gear. We have lots of gear to get you outfitted for the trip if you need any gear, directional surf boards, accessories, travel bags, apparel, sunblock. Windsurfing, Kitesurfing, and SUP gear is available for rent at DA Action Wind Sports Center run by Brian Talma (world champion windsurfer). right on Silver Sands Beach.
- Alternative Activities: kayak rentals, sup rentals/tours, snorkeling, scuba diving, catamaran sailing, waterskiing, or polo.
- Snorkel gear. Bring your own mask/fins to maximize your comfort and enjoyment of the paradisiacal water in Barbados.
Pay / Reserve
- Sign up / Register
- Full payment to reserve. Cancellation Fees per person: 0-90 days: 100% ; 91-120 days: 50%
- Release of Liability and Personal Information Forms: Guests are required to sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Legal Rights and Assumption of Risk as well as a Personal Information Form prior to trip departure.
- International travel requires a valid passport.