Boards and More (B&M) is the company that has make “North Kites” until 2018. The have licensed the name “North” from North Sails. In 2018, B&M decided to no longer license the name “North.” Instead, all of your favorite kites, the Rebel, Evo, Neo, Dice, etc will now have the brand name “Duotone”, a name owned by B&M.
This means the same people making the same products using the same materials with just a different name stamped on the kite. Duotone! 🙂
The Rebel is the all-time classic freeride kite, legendary performance, big air superiority and a stunning hang time. Last year the Rebel had a significant overhaul that saw the design built around a 4 line set up. The kite was a huge success and this year Ken Winner has been working hard to make the best even better! Updates on the 2019 model include a smaller, reduced diameter leading edge and a flatter centre shape profile. The goal was to improve the handling and boosting capabilities of the kite. The thinner leading edge makes the new Rebel more efficient, but also allows it to twist, increasing the turning speed and making the handling very dynamic. The new flatter profile in the centre of the kite adds power and improves the flying characteristics. More importantly, the kite now jumps higher and floats for longer; massive airs are even easier on the new Rebel!
The kite can be flown in the standard 4 line set up, or if you wish, there is a 5th line upgrade available too. The Rebel works perfectly with the Click Bar in either 4 or 5 line configuration. As ever the wind range is huge, there is plenty of low-end power, and the high-end is incredible with the 5-strut design keeping the canopy stable even in gusty conditions. Sheet and go handling makes the Rebel incredibly easy to fly, it’s suitable for riders just starting out on their kitesurfing journey as well as pro’s who want to boost to the moon and everyone in between. This iconic kite has long been the freeride standard all other kites try to emulate, now the bar is set even higher, the new 2019 Rebel will blow you away.
- Reduced Diameter Leading Edge
- A Thinner Leading Edge Makes The Rebel More Efficient, But Also Allows It To Twist, Increasing The Turning Speed And Making The Handling Very Dynamic.
- Flatter Centre Shape
- A New Flatter Profile In The Centre Of The Kite Adds Power And Improves The Flying Characteristics.
- Powerful Lift And Huge Hang time
- Perfect For Freeride Performance With Explosive Powerful Lift And Huge As Well As Long Hangtime.
- Best Sheet And Go Power Development
- The Sheet And Go Handling Makes A Kite Incredibly Easy To Fly.
- Biggest Wind range
- The Rebel Can Be Flown In A Very Wide Aspect Of Wind Strengths, Without Changing The Size.
- 4 And 5 Line Setup: You Can Choose The Best Setup, Depending On Your Preference And Riding Style. The 5th Line Makes It Easier To Relaunch.
Windrange/Rec. Line Length
Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3×2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance.
The 3×2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2×2 or 4×4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time.